Trading Conditions & Charges
Instrument – The FX currency pair or underlying asset of the CFD product to be traded.
Country – The country that the equity or bond is based in.
Lot size – The lot size traded on each platform (Note: Ava Trader lot sizes represent the minimum lot size tradable. MT4 represents the standard lot size).
Standard Spread – The difference between the BID & the ASK price quote for each instrument under normal market conditions.
Leverage – The usage of margin to trade on a larger capital base. Leverage can significantly increase your losses as well as your gains.
Margin Per Lot – The required margin to open a single lot of each instrument (Note: It is shown in notional terms).
Increment – The minimum increment of price movement for each instrument.
Overnight Interest Sell/Buy – The overnight interest debited/credited in daily % terms for each instrument.
Trading Time – The time that trading is available for the specified instrument.
Quoted Months – The months of the futures contracts that AvaTrade quotes on its platforms.
Exchange – The exchange of the underlying asset.
Units – The unit that each lot size is quoted in.
Trading CFD’s on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors.
All trading performed on this website/platform shall be subject to the following potential charges:
- OVERNIGHT INTEREST
- MATURITY ROLLOVER
- CORPORATE ACTIONS
- INACTIVITY FEE
- All Spreads are Over Market.
- FX Standard Spreads are as stated under Normal Market Conditions.
- FX Pairs may not be tradable shortly before and after End-of-Day (22:00 GMT or 21:00 GMT during US DST) – due to liquidity constraints during the Interbank settlement period
- Gold & Silver spreads may be wider than stated from approx 22:00 – 02:00 GMT.
- Crude & Brent Oil spreads may be wider than stated from approx 22:00 – 05:00 GMT.
- Crude Oil & Natural Gas spreads may be wider during Weekly Inventories.
- PIP FX Pairs = 0.0001; 1 PIP JPY FX Pairs = 0.01.
- Typical Spreads are an indication only and may widen due to volatile market conditions
- Typical Spreads are derived from the median value of the respective spreads during trading hours (07.00-18.00 GMT) from a previous quarter.
- FX Option Spreads show typical bid-offer spreads for 1-month at-the-money options under normal market conditions.
- FX Options can be traded online up to 24 hours prior to their expiration.
- FX Options expire at the times indicated in the platform, which correspond to 10:00am New York time.
- All FX Options are European style vanilla options. At expiration, all in-the-money options will be automatically closed at intrinsic value.
- Crude Oil Monthly Futures positions are closed at expiry – they are not rolled onto the next contract
- Crude Oil Monthly Futures may be set to ‘Close-Only’ in advance of expiry
- Trading Hours may change due to Daylight Savings Time.
* Maximum Position Limits may be reduced during periods of volatility.
* Position Limits may be introduced on any security during periods of volatility.
* Margins may be increased on any instrument, without prior notice, outside normal market conditions
AvaTrade reserves the right to cancel any excess trades or exposures that exceed the outlined threshold limits, all cancelled trades will be closed at their opening rates.
AvaTrade reserves the right to modify its threshold limits, affected clients will be notified in advance and may be required to reduce their exposure.
Your access to and use of the website and/or platform constitutes your acceptance of these Trading Conditions and any other legal notices and statements contained on same. Ava may modify these Trading Conditions at any time and without prior notice. Your continued access to and use of the website and/or platform constitutes your acceptance of these Trading Conditions as modified.
Overnight Interest Rates:
- All Overnight Interest Rates are indicative and subject to change.
- MT4 FX, Gold & Silver Positions: Saturday/Sunday Overnight Interest will be Debited/Credited on the Wednesday before.
- MT4 Non-FX (excl. Gold & Silver) Positions: Saturday/Sunday Overnight Interest will be Debited/Credited on the Friday before.
- Margin requirements can increase based on position size, news release and/or volatility.
- If an Options account has open positions in both the underlying instrument (e.g. Spot EUR/USD) and Options on the instrument (e.g. Short Call on EUR/USD), the lower leverage
(higher margin rate) will apply to all spot and option positions in that instrument.
- MetaTrader Minimum Nominal Trade Size = 0.01
- Fractional share size (0.001 Lot) available for selected shares on MT5 Platform.
- BTCUSD, BTCEUR, BTCJPY, BCHUSD, ETHEREUM, XRP(RIPPLE), LITECOIN Mini, BTGUSD, DASH, Stellar (XLMUSD) – Trading is 24/7 for MetaTrader accounts.
- Cryptocurrency spreads can be volatile and depend on current market conditions.
- Margin Requirements on Crypto pairs may increase during periods of volatility.
- Crypto Currency trading is not available on Islamic accounts.
- BTC Pairs = $750K Max*
- ETH = $500K Max*
- XRP = $100K Max*
- BCH, LTC = $200K Max*
- BTGUSD, Stellar (XLMUSD), EOS, NEO, MIOTA = $50K Max*
- DASH = $10K Max*
- Palladium = $400K Max*
- CRYPTO10, CANNABIS_IN = $100K Max*
- Crypto Assets’ limit of $1.5M
Please note: As per regulation guidelines, Cryptocurrencies trading is prohibited for all UK based clients except professional traders.
Please Note: Due to platform maintenance and downtime on the Crypto exchanges, Crypto pairs may be un-tradable for short periods over the weekends.